Easy Everyday Wearables
By Joanne Scrace of The Crochet Project
DOWNLOAD CODE AVAILABLE WITH PURCHASE.
Easy Everyday Wearables is all about fuss-free crochet designs that are stylish, timeless and very wearable but only use basic crochet skills. We’ve used chunkier yarns for quicker makes but not sacrificed our usual attention to detail and fit. All patterns have inclusive adult sizing with three options for accessories and XS to 5X for garments.
The book contains lots of information about choosing the correct size, understanding the pattern and working to the correct tension. All of the patterns are made using a pared-back skill set. There are no tricky stitches or techniques needed. Maybe you’ve learnt to crochet and you’ve just started to look for patterns you want to make. These patterns are all suitable starting points to begin making a wardrobe of beautiful custom-fitting woolies! Or maybe you’ve been crocheting for ages but want something to make that isn’t too taxing but will still look amazing!
The book contains:
- Harkstead Hat: a beret or a beanie worked in the round from the top down and then turned inside out for an interesting texture
- Freston Vest: a beautiful but simple lace vest using shell stitches and simple shaping, made in pieces and seamed
- Pin Mill Mitts: super stretchy, slouchy fingerless mitts to keep the chills off, worked in the round in a spiral for fast finishing
- Erwarton Cardigan: a shawl-collared comfy cardigan that is worked from side to side to create elegant details without tricky techniques
- Tattingstone Sweater: a simple circular yoke cardigan that lets you play with colour and style
All patterns are written using standard UK crochet terminology (with US conversions given in the abbreviations) and charted where appropriate.